About this Job
Machine Operator – Structural Steel
We are currently seeking an experienced Machine Operator to join our Engineering team located at Somersby on the NSW Central Coast.
What do you want in your next job?
- The ability to work close to home
- Job security
- Growing and diverse company
- Australian-owned private company
Crossmuller ticks all of these boxes.
Crossmuller is an innovative and progressive multi-disciplined company specialising in manufacturing design, automation and systems integration. Our Engineering division designs and constructs manufacturing facilities, refurbishes existing facilities and designs and constructs automation plant for manufacturing plants and warehouses.
We are currently seeking an experienced Machine Operator to join our Engineering team located at Somersby on the NSW Central Coast. In this position you will set-up and operate computer numeric controlled (CNC) structural steel processing machines such as Plasma Cutters and Beam Lines. You will possess a willingness to produce high quality structural steel in a timely, efficient and safe manner. You will work well in a team and have a genuine interest and understanding in the operation of these types of machines. You will be invested in continual improvement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Setup and operation of CNC steel section and plate cutting machines
- Reading and understanding job specifications to determine machine adjustment and material requirements
- Observing machine operations to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction
- Measuring workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation
- Safely performing your duties in a workshop environment with minimal supervision
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in CNC plasma cutting and beam line operation
- A forklift licence (an advantage)
- Experience in operating overhead gantry crane
- Experience working in a busy hands-on workshop environment
- Excellent attention to detail, quality and safety
- Good communication skills
- A sound work ethic and the motivation to succeed
This is a full-time permanent position within our Engineering team. To be successful in this role you must be self-motivated and be willing to put in the work needed to complete jobs in a timely manner. Attention to detail and highest quality workmanship are paramount.
As part of the selection process, applicants must be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical examination which includes functional, audiometric and drug and alcohol testing.
Crossmuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Borg Company