Safe by Choice, Not by Chance
Borg's safety vision 'Safe by Choice, Not by Chance' aims to benefit not only Borg employees and the industry, but also the community. Borg will displays the 'Safe by Choice, Not by Chance' logo on it's trucks in order to spread the positive safety message and allow others to be assured that Borg is not only Australian-based and owned, but follows strict safety guidelines and programmes.
By promoting workplace health and safety, Borg aims to spread this message throughout the community and make safety a matter of choice, not chance.
Borg has developed and actively applies a Work Health and Safety Management System and is committed to ensuring compliance with AS/NZS 4801: Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, the Work Health and Safety Regulations 2011 and all applicable Codes of Practice and Australian Standards.
Borg is committed to safety by:
- Reducing the number of serious injuries resulting in more than five days lost time to zero by 30 June 2020.
- Reducing the number of traumatic injuries due to poorly guarded machinery to zero by 30 June 2020.
- Reducing the number of musculoskeletal injuries by 30 percent by 30 June 2020.
- Completing an enhanced machine safety audit at all manufacturing sites in New South Wales, to be completed by 30 June 2020.
- Developing and delivering a WHS capability building programme to educate Borg leadership, giving them the skills to effectively manage and lead the workforce in relation to health and safety.
- Providing a safe work environment for our workers, our visitors and those we conduct business with, through a regime of hazard identification and implementing effective controls following consultation.
- Developing safe systems of work and regularly reviewing those systems.
- Consulting with, and educating our workers to ensure everyone is aware of their safety responsibilities.
- Providing effective incident control measures including training, first aid, reporting, investigation and the implementation of appropriate corrective actions.