About this Job
Mechanical Fitter/Fabricator (clone)
Due to our sustained growth, we are looking for an experienced Mechanical Fitter/Fabricator to join our Maintenance team based at Mt Gambier.
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Fitter / Fabricator to join our Maintenance team within our Engineering department based at our Mount Gambier facilities.
- Working within a team on both day work and 4 shift roster
- Maintaining and improving existing systems
- Fault finding and problem solving - providing technical support to production personnel
- Contributing to the continuous improvement to safety standards and systems
- Flexibility to take on a broad role to support the team and needs of the plant
To be considered for this position you will:
- Be a qualified and experienced tradesperson
- Have experience in machine trouble shooting, problem solving and fault finding
- Have the ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Have experience in fabrication / welding
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate experience in pneumatic and hydraulic equipment (an advantage)
- Possess the ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team
Your skills and work ethic will be rewarded with excellent working conditions and competitive terms and conditions of employment.
This is a full-time permanent position within our Engineering department. To be successful in this role you must be motivated and be willing to put in the effort required to complete jobs in a timely manner. Attention to detail and highest quality workmanship are paramount.
As part of the selection process, applicants must be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical examination which includes functional, audiometric and drug and alcohol testing.
Applications close 5:00pm, Friday 29 November 2019.
Borg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.